Monday, January 19, 2015

Welcome! Come in! Sit Down! Have some chocolate!

Way to go, Leah. Way to start off your Lady blog, with a little dose of delicious sexism. Typical woman, amiright? *eyeroll*

Welcome, everyone, to Lady Thoughts, a place where a group of great Ladies put down some thoughts, pose some questions, and hopefully rile you up a bit from time to time. Just to get something out of the way right off the bat, we will be referred to as the Ladies, with a capital "L", just like God, Jesus, and Oprah before us (aaaaand she's already mentioned Oprah, great...). Any questions? You? In the back, with your hand up and a cranky look on your face? No? Good, let's keep going.

I was feeling UNINSPIRED, a word I have now come to both love and hate in just 3 short days. I hate it because it's such an icky feeling to have. It encompasses way more than just boredom, confusion and unanswered questions about our lives. For me, it was this deep, dark feeling way down in my belly that stretched all the way up my long torso to my heart. I have many things, as do all of the Ladies here, to make me happy, mostly fulfilled, and satisfied with life. Health, just enough money, a great partner (in love and in crime) and two little beauties that I couldn't live without. There is so much more, too, that I have to be grateful for but, still, something is missing. All of the things I can list will never be able to make me 100% the person I am supposed to be. Here's where loving being uninspired comes in.

I reached out to some of my closest, smartest, and interesting friends. They are not the only smart and interesting women who are close to me in my life, but I felt safe and happy and all-around cozy asking each of them to help me write this blog. To my surprise, everyone was at least open to the idea of sharing essays for the page! I'm not sure how this will go, how many entries each will contribute, or how much I'll be able to pour onto these pages before I'm bored of my own thoughts. That being said, I can't wait to hear from all of them and take this journey of self-awareness, collaboration, and honest sharing with each one of them. I hope we can all participate, encourage, and inspire each other to do something that makes us happy. Writing is something that is only yours. No one writes for you, no one tells you what to write (at least in this case), and no one can take it away from you (except maybe your child/dog/spouse/live-in great-grandmother spilling milk on your computer. But then, JUST PICK UP A PEN). I'm excited to do this alone, by myself, for myself, and for each of my Ladies to do the same.

We would all like to thank anyone who takes a few minutes out of their busy schedules to read and comment on our stories. Even if we never make it into double-digits as far as a fan-base is concerned, we will keep going, keep writing, and keep eating that chocolate...

(Come on! I can't help it! I love chocolate!)

Keep it real,

Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment